Chinese Medicine views the body as an interplay between five main organ systems. Namely the heart, the liver, the lungs, the kidneys and the digestion. These five systems correspond to the cardiovascular system1, the respiratory system2, the immune and dermatological systems3, the water metabolism and renal system4 and the gastrointestinal system56.
At The Acupuncture Sanctuary we treat ailments related to any of these and understand that they all overlap with one another.
We do this with the use of Acupuncture, Herbal Medicine, Tuina and Dietary therapy & supplements.
Fundamentally we like to make sure you are breathing well, eating and digesting well, sleeping well and are able to do your life.
- Abboud FM, Harwani SC, Chapleau MW. Autonomic neural regulation of the immune system: Implications for hypertension and cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. 2012;59(4):755-762. doi:10.1161/HYPERTENSIONAHA.111.186833
- Tai CJ, Chien LY. The treatment of allergies using Sanfujiu: A method of applying Chinese herbal medicine paste to acupoints on three peak summer days. Am J Chin Med. 2004;32(6):967-976. doi:10.1142/S0192415X04002569
- Jiao R, Yang Z, Wang Y, Zhou J, Zeng Y, Liu Z. The effectiveness and safety of acupuncture for patients with atopic eczema: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Acupunct Med. 2020;38(1):3-14. doi:10.1177/0964528419871058
- Xiong W, He FF, You RY, et al. Acupuncture Application in Chronic Kidney Disease and its Potential Mechanisms. Am J Chin Med. 2018;46(6):1169-1185. doi:10.1142/S0192415X18500611
- Huang Z, Zhang N, Xu F, Yin J, Dai N, Chen JD. Ameliorating effect of transcutaneous electroacupuncture on impaired gastric accommodation induced by cold meal in healthy subjects. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2016;31(3):561-566. doi:10.1111/jgh.13168
- Sarosiek I, McCallum RW, Sun Y, et al. 749 Self-Administered Needleless Acupuncture Therapy to Control Dyspepsia and GERD Symptoms in Patients Diagnosed With Diabetic Gastroparesis. Gastroenterology. 2013;144(5):S-135. doi:10.1016/s0016-5085(13)60489-8